Sunday, November 25, 2007

Week 6 Project Play assignment

I was so excited to add the Flickr photo to my blog I forgot to answer the questions in the assignment about Flickr!

I thought Flickr was easy to set up and easy to find photos. However, bad thing, could get addictive - don't ask how long I spent looking at photos. I thought it was interesting that most people are including tags and they seem effective. In my search of Wisconsin full text and tagsthere was a difference in hits but not by a dramatic number. And imagine my disappointment when the first hit for Oshkosh Public Library was Nebraska's Oshkosh Public Library. But, great news, one of my colleagues took care of that and added great Oshkosh Wisconsin PL photos!



I chose the blog this button icon on Flickr to add the photo to my blog - that was easy. I previously tried the email my photo to Flickr - I'm not sure where that photo ended up - couldn't find it on Flickr and checking my Flickr account showed no photos. I'll have to try again.
This sharing of photos and groups really highlights the success and value of social networking.
I thought Flickr Help was good. I just don't know enough about photos - I don't have a digital camera and don't work with photos (yet) on our library website.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home